TORRINGTON – A Torrington man who suffered a severe electric shock Monday morning has been transferred to another facilty for further treatment, according to Banner Health Community Hospital spokeswoman Kelly Foster.
Zacharia Chavez was working at the 2100 block of West A Street when the bucket truck from where he was trimming trees came into contact with a 7,200-volt power line at about 10:40 a.m. Monday.
Torrington Police, EMS and the city’s electric department were on the scene; the Torrington Volunteer Fire Department was on standby.
Further details as to where Chavez was transferred or details on his condition have not been released.
Torrington Electric Superintendent Dana Youtz said the city’s electric department de-energized the line to inspect it for damage; the line was ok.
Stay connected to the Telegram for the latest information.
Share on Facebook